Wednesday 7 September 2016

First Day Back!

Welcome to 2016-17! What a pleasure it was to meet the wonderful members of class 1/2. 

We had a busy day learning about lots of procedures and expectations and getting to know each other. We met our two French teachers, Madame Tscherner and Madame Kreczko. We also met our coverage teacher, Mr. Cuthbert. We read a picture book called First Day Jitters and had a discussion about what emotions we might have been feeling on our first day of school. We even spent some time drawing our self portraits, which family members will have a chance to see when they stop by during our open house on September 28.

Stay tuned for more updates as the week rolls on. I don't update the blog every day (who has time for that when we're having so much fun in grade 1/2?), but I do try to provide an update at least once per week. In order to be notified of the updates, I encourage parents to connect to me via Remind.com (the link to instructions is on the main page of the blog).

A stack of forms was sent home with the kiddos today along with their new agendas. Please return those to me ASAP and I will forward them to the office.

Big thanks,
Ms. S