Tuesday 8 September 2015

Tuesday, September 8

Happy First Day Back!

Welcome to grade 2! I thank all the parents who endured the drippy weather this morning to come by and introduce themselves. I promise I won't remember any of your names after the first introduction, :), so please let's keep in touch so I can get to know you all better over the next few weeks and months. And for those I didn't meet today, I look forward to connecting with you soon.

In the agendas for today, we didn't write anything, but I would appreciate your signature so I can confirm that your child has shown it to you. There are four papers in the front pocket of the agendas today:

- letter to parents (includes contact information for Ms. S)
- survey (to be returned to Ms. S)
- green and blue hot lunch forms (to be returned if you plan on participating the hot lunch program)

There's also a student information sheet in everyone's backpack to fill out for the office record keeping.

As you'll no doubt hear from your child, it's hotter than the blazes in our classroom right now. We have a day or so left of this crummy heat wave to endure before we see better temperatures inside and outside. Please ensure your child has a refillable water bottle at school and is dressed in light clothes. I will do my best to ensure that we are not doing anything overly strenuous so we can avoid getting too overheated.

Please feel free to contact me if there's anything I can do to help you and your child transition to grade 2.


Ms. Stevenson